Finding A Good Skin Care Routine

Thursday, June 18, 2015

If by now, you are a regular reader of my blog (hello *waves*) then you will know that I have recently ditched the evil face wipes and I'm now starting on a road to find the perfect skincare routine!
 
 
After ditching the face wipes, I needed to find a quick replacement to remove my makeup and whilst doing my weekly food shop in Asda I came across the Simple skin care range on offer 3 products for £5. So I decided to go with the eye makeup remover, foaming cleaner, and a light moisturiser.
The eye makeup remover does what it says on the tin really, effectively removes all your eye makeup, even waterproof mascaras. I put some onto a cotton pad, hold it on my eye for a few seconds and then gently wipe away, I repeat this couple of times on both eyes to make sure all traces of makeup are removed.
I apply two pumps of the foaming cleaner to a dry face and massage it in, in circular motions avoiding my eyes and then wipe away using a hot flannel. I then repeat the process - this is known as a double cleans, to ensure that all make up and bacteria have been removed from my face. This cleaner really light on the skin, probably due to its airy foamy consistency and is very effective in removing your make up

I let my face dry and I then apply the light moisturiser all over my face. I really like the smell and healthy feeling that this moisturiser gives your skin after application.
The only real downside to this skincare routine is that skin expert Caroline Hirons doesn't recommend using foaming cleaners.
Caroline says "As a rule - stay clear of 'foaming' on the bottle (there is the odd exception, but they are few and far between) - to get foam you need to use a surfactant - and a surfactant turns your skin alkaline. Alkaline skin is like a petri dish for bacteria. The irony being that so many cleansers pushed on to acne/combination skins are foaming. Naughty companies should know better."
However I didn't realise this until after purchasing and using the product. Sadly, it turns out that simple's foaming cleanser does contains two different types of surfacents Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate (Surfactant) and Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (Surfactant) which is stated on their website under the ingredients section.
So it looks like I have broken another one of Caroline's rules, that said I never intended this to be a long term skin care routine, it's more of a cheap gap filler until I find one that's perfect for my skin.

what's your favourite cleanser?








You Might Also Like

0 comments