Must Have Brushes From Real Techniques

Thursday, June 25, 2015

 
I am pretty sure Real Techniques Brushes are by far one of the most popular and affordable makeup brushes. After using them for months and months, I absolutely love them! Aside from being affordable they're soft, dry really quickly after washing and are just all around great quality brushes. I’d recommend them to anyone! Most importantly all the Real Techniques brushes are made out of Taklon bristles which are synthetic, so the brushes are 100% cruelty-free


Buffing Brush (sold in the Core Collection Set for £20.99)

 This was the brush that made me fall absolutely in love with Real Techniques because it changed the way I applied all my bases. The annoying thing is that it comes in the Core Collection set so if anything happened to it and you just wanted to repurchase the one, you would have to get the whole set. It is a dome shaped brush which is slightly flared out. It  flawlessly buffs and blends in my foundation!

Expert Face Brush (£8.99)
 
I purchased the Expert Face Brush because of my love for my Buffing Brush. (I figured it was worth trying out as if I liked it  would save me re purchasing the core collection just for the buffing brush.) I also fell in love with it as expected because it is a damn good brush. Unlike the Buffing Brush, it is slightly smaller and denser which helps apply my foundation really well. It can also be used to blend out other makeup products like blushes and contours because it really fits into the natural contour/curves of the face. Thankfully, it is sold separately so if you don’t want to splash out on the Core Collection, this is a good one to try!



Powder Brush (£10.99)

The Real Techniques Powder Brush is again one of my favourite brushes because it really does its job well. It is very dense but still fluffy which helps in flawlessly applying my powder. Its wide surface area means my whole face is covered with a few sweeps and I always reach for this over all my other powder brushes. The only downside is it’s quite a big brush so it’s not one that you can chuck into your makeup bag but that doesn't really matter to me!


 
Deluxe Crease Shadow Brush  ( sold in eyes starter kit £20.99)

Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush is very soft and fluffy, it has a rounded shape and is a bit large to actually use on the crease of my eye. However it is fantastic for blending out because of how fluffy it is. One thing I love about Real Techniques brushes is that they are all colour-coordinated based on what part of your face they are for, so all your eye brushes will be purple, cheeks and lips are pink, face is yellow.
 
 
 Base Shadow Brush  ( sold in eyes starter kit £20.99)
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush is easily my favourite from the set. It’s great for picking up shadow without being too heavy, and I could basically do all my eye makeup with just this brush if I had to. The brush is flat which is great for applying colour to the lid and the rounded top can be used for applying highlighter to the inner corner or brow bone as well.
 
 
 Deluxe Crease Shadow Brush  ( sold in eyes starter kit £20.99)

The Accent Brush is definitely unique in my collection, but I’m so glad I have it! This little flat brush is great for putting shadow along the lash line, adding a dab of shadow wherever you need it, and putting eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye. The small size means this is a very precise brush, and I feel like I will find many more surprises uses for it the longer I use it.

 I am thinking of purchasing at least one brush from the Bold Metals Collection,
but they are a little pricey. I might treat myself, who knows?
I don't need any more makeup brushes though - said No Woman Ever!!!

Have you tried any of these brushes? What are your favourites?

You Might Also Like

0 comments