DIY Simple Bunting

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

This week I have decided to try something a little different for my blog post's and I will be doing a couple of DIY crafty projects, being as though I have a background in fashion and textiles I and love being crafty I thought I'd share a couple of simple ideas with you this week.

If you decided to make anything that I have featured on my blog this week, I'd love to see your results! I welcome you to post pictures of your bunting on my social media such as Facebook and Google+ (which you can find the links to in the side bar over there -> )

 So today  as the title of this post suggests, I'm going to be sharing with you a really simple way to make bunting!

Bunting can be utilised in many ways around the home and is perfect for livening up a sparse dining area or as a fun touch to a child's bedroom (you can even embellish the bunting with your child's name) Bunting can also be trailed around a wrought iron bed for a chic country style or pinned to the front of shelving. The limits are truly endless!
 

You will need:
Fabric and thread13mm-wide
bais binding tape
Pinking sheers/scissors
 (Try
Hobbycraft for your supplies)

How to make bunting:
Step 1: Draw a triangle on some cardboard and cut it out to use as a bunting template.
Step 2: Pin the template to your fabric and cut around it using pinking shears to avoid fraying. Repeat until you have enough flags for your desired bunting length.
Step 3: Evenly space the flags along the bias binding tape, folding the shortest edge over, and pin in place securely ready to sew in place.
Step 4: Sew on the flags with a straight stitch, leaving at least 40cm of tape free from flags at each end for hanging your bunting proudly on display.

You Might Also Like

0 comments