Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Mousse

Thursday, October 22, 2015


Hello my lovely readers,

I'm sorry things have been a bit slack here lately and I've been putting up blog posts late, I've tried my best to keep everything back-dated so although there technically late going up, you're still getting the same amount of posts! Things have just been a bit crazy around here lately and I've lacked the motivation to keep on top of everything! That said hopefully I can manage to get things back on track and keep up with my regular days of Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Now, let's get back to business! Today I want to talk about another cleansing product, it's been a while! I recently picked up the Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Mousse, usually priced at £3.99 but I managed to pick it up from my local Asda on offer for 89p and being as I can't resist a good bargain, I just had to try it!

Nivea's cleansing mousse is enriched with vitamin E and Hydra IQ which is an active ingredient that they claim naturally helps to hydrate the skin within, as well as hydrate the surface of the skin.
The cleanser isn't harsh on my skin at all and doesn't dry it out or cause it to look or feel tight. Having said that when it comes to us beauty girls we like a cleanser to remove all traces of make up and this definitely does a reasonable job however, it is not something I would rely on completely.

Again, as I mentioned in a previous foam cleanser post, sadly this foam cleanser also contains those pesky surfactants, which basically change the PH balance of your skin, turning your skin more alkaline, which unfortunately means that it makes your skin more susceptible to bacteria. This in tern causes breakouts!  This Nivea Cleansing mousse contains Decyl Glucoside (mild non-ionic surfacent used for sensitive skin)

Upon doing my research of the ingredients this cleansing mousse contains, I feel that I should point out the fact that this cleansing mousse contains Butylphenyl Methylpropional which is a chemical compound which is used in cosmetic preparations for external uses,  such as skin care lotions and it  can sometimes act as an allergen and could cause contact dermatitis in susceptible individuals. It is often appears in the ingredents list as " Butylphenyl Methylpropional" but may also appear as "Lilial" and "lilly aldehyde"
Just something to take into consideration when buying any skincare product containing this as an ingredient, especially if you suffer from sensitive skin!
Overall, this cleanser is good for the price however I do not think I will be repurchasing it once I've emptied the container as I do not feel it does such as good job at removing my make up compared to other foam cleansers I have used.



Have you tried this cleansing mousse? I'd love to hear you're thoughts on it!
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments